Monday, July 26, 2010

New SIlverilght Video Tutorial: How to Create a ListBox with a Static Background


Someone from my Silverlight Email List emailed me and told me that he had been struggling trying to create a ListBox with a static background image. So, I made this short, 3 mintue tutorial I show you how to do it all in Blend. So, if you need a ListBox with a background image then watch the video located here:
Download the Source Here

Enjoy! Victor
PS: To join my Silverlight Email List email me at wpfauthor at gmail dot com with the subject line Silverlight Email List.  I never advertise or share your email address with anyone.

6 Comments for this entry


  • Sung Kim 

    Who’d have thought that you were able to cover this topic within such a short amount of time?
    That was a great tutorial, Victor.
    Great Job as usual.

  • Paul 

    Gee, why make it so complicated when you can use a ListBox with a transparent background on top of an Image?

  • Victor 

    Because Paul, I would think that is the “Hacky” way to do it instead of taking a little extra time and doing it the right way. But by all means if that works for you go right ahead :) Victor

  • Paul 

    What’s so hacky about the technique in use by the basic controls? If you examine their templates, most of them are using the grid to superimpose one control over another. This is exactly what this simple solution is all about. If you prefer something more complicated, well maybe that justifies a blog entry, wouldn’t you say?

  • Paul 

    In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if the net effect of your “solution” is Silverlight/WPF internally superimposing that listbox on top of your image. Ha ha.

  • Mike Filley 

    Hey Victor, I appreciate your blog.

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry


No comments:

Post a Comment