Monday, July 26, 2010

Speaking at RIAPalooza in Chicago

by Victor on Jul.26, 2010
Hello All!

This weekend (7.23.10) I was invited to speak at RIAPalooza, a one-day conference dedicated to building Rich Internet Applications (RIAs). During my presentation I showed how to build Silverlight applications without writing any code whatsoever. In doing so I introduced and showed off Silverlight Behaviors. I then used the Farseer Physics Engine to build a very simple version of Asteroids complete with simulated physics, a ship that could move and rotate using the arrow keys and a few asteroids that when hit would destroy your ship. I then showed how to build the Slide to Unlock control that is used on many smartphones these days. This was especially cool because I had a touch screen laptop running touch-enabled Windows 7.

After my presentation I then participated in a speaker panel that was addressing questions, topics, etc proposed by the audience. We talked about some very cool subjects including HTML5 vs Plugins.

A very good time was had by all and I look forward to returnining next year for RIAPalooza 4. If you missed this year I suggest you make plans to attend next year as it was an enlightening experience. Also, I suggest you do as I did and stay the entire weekend and visit Chicago as it is a wonderful city. I also suggest that you take in two restaurants, Gibbson’s Steakhouse and then Joe’s Steak and Seafood Stone Crab House. Both had simply amazing food and an atmosphere that was crazy-fun! During the day make sure and checkout the Navy Pier for boat rides, shopping, and a stain glass museum to die for.

Getting back to RIAPalooza, you can view my presentation by clicking the link below:

Video Now Available





I will be posting the Source code for the two sample Silverlight applications I developed on stage in about 3 hours.

Victor


2 Comments for this entry


  • Eric

    That is an awesome shirt, but you should train your guns a little bit more so that they bulge out of your sleeves a little bit better! :)

  • Kareem

    Hi Victor,
    I am currently reading your Foundation Expression Blend 4 book.
    This video is just 5 minutes. Can you post the full presentation?
    Thank you for your clear explanations.

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry

originally from http://www.windowspresentationfoundation.com/?p=661

No comments:

Post a Comment